Sunday, January 31, 2016

Considering Genre

After doing a lot of searching for sources and researching for this project, it is time to pick the actual format that I am going to be using.  


Flooredmusic.  "Tango-styled video player icon" 10/26/10 via openclipart.  Unlimited commercial use license.



1. What genre are you going to commit to for Project 1? Why?

For the first project I have decided to go with the video project because I think the video project is going to be the most fun, and I have some ideas that will make my video essay a good one.

2. What genre conventions from your chosen genre are you planning on developing during next week's Production phase? What do you plan to do with the genre conventions that will help you accomplish the purpose of the project most effectively?

My plan is to find some relevant, humorous video clips to splice together throughout my video essay.  I also am planning on doing a voice-over in a casual tone.  I plan on using the video essay's genre conventions to display my information in a concise and funny way.  This will make the purpose of my project apparent while still keeping the viewer entertained.

3. How are you feeling about Project 1 going in to the Production phase? What challenges do you anticipate next week as you create content for the project?

I'm feeling pretty good going into the production phase.  The most difficult challenge that I will be facing is going out to get camera equipment and a microphone.  I'm hoping that I keep myself organized enough so that the video creation/editing process is smooth and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment