Sunday, May 1, 2016

Peer Review

Peer review of Gabby Dietrich's QRG on its content.

I feel like the content of Gabby's intro to her QRG aligns with the purpose of the final project.  However, I think the title is misleading in that it makes it seem as though the QRG is an argument instead of a reflection.  I would recommend that the tone and diction that is used makes it clear that the QRG is a reflection instead of an argument.

The transition between the opening monologue and the segment "Who Was I as a writer" seems strange in my opinion.  It doesn't really flow in terms of ideas because the opening monologue doesn't really suggest that the QRG is specifically about you as a writer.  I would suggest to state in the opening paragraphs what the QRG is going to be about (reflecting on you as a writer).  Besides that, the content is good, I liked how you pulled a quote that you wrote from the beginning of the semester and it works really well in the context of the QRG.

You commented on this last part, but I agree in that there is too much heavy-handed sarcasm and I feel like you took the metaphor at the beginning too far.  It just seemed forced to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment