Sunday, May 1, 2016

Production Report B

Outline Item


Talk about the first project of the semester.  I did a QRG for this project.  Note how I found this to be the easiest genre to write in, but the project content itself was rather difficult to assemble.  Explain how a lot of research went into the project which was new to me.  Talk about how I found the blog posts to be rather overwhelming. 

Adaption of Outline Item

*Script*
For the first project of the semester, I wasn't really sure what I was getting into. I honestly procrastinated way too much so that when it was time to upload my rough draft of the project, mine was not ready till the following day. I also underestimated how long all of the blog posts would take. I ended up spending 10+ hours superbowl Sunday scrambling to finish all of my posts, not a fun experience. Doing all of the blog posts for this project did open my eyes to how much work needs to be put into research in order to make a credible and detailed project. For one of the blog posts, I had to gather 10 sources and go into detail about each source. I have honestly never had to gather that many sources for a writing project before, so it was really eye-opening to see all of the work that is necessary in creating a good research paper. In terms of creating a QRG, I found a QRG to be rather easy to make and I liked it as a genre in terms of being effective in getting my points across in an easy to understand and efficient manner. At the end of the day, project 1 was really the experience that made me realize my previous writing experiences are quiet different in terms of preparation and genre compared to what I would be doing in this course. I guess it was the "peak of the mountain" in terms of difficulty as well because after this project, I found the other projects to be easier because I knew what would be expected of me.
*play videos*


How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?

I only provided the script to my video essay for this blog post. This is because I haven't had the time to acquire the necessary equipment to create the audio and video segments of my project. However, having a script is immensely helpful in making sure the audio and video production goes smoothly.

How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?

Writing the script for this portion was pretty simple. I had a lot of thoughts about project 1 so it was easy to get stuff down on paper that I could use for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment