Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

With great relief, I finally finished and released my project.  In this post, I am going to self-assess my work.

ClkerFreeVectorImages.  "Clipboard" via pixabay.  CC0 Public Domain.


1. How are you feeling about the project you just submitted for assessment? Give me your raw, unvarnished opinion of your own project overall. 
I personally feel as though my QRG was an effective piece of work that was a very good response to the given prompt.  However, I am a little concerned over whether or not I effectively hit the correct points that the rubric requires.  I believe that the way I used the genre conventions and presented my information makes my QRG good.

2. What are the major weaknesses of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be weak or under-developed.
A major weakness of my project would probably be my voice.  I wasn't sure how to make a QRG that not only presented information professionally, but was also entertaining.  I definitely I leaned towards the professional side, and lacked humor that I would have liked to have.

3. What are the major strengths of the project you submitted? Explain carefully how and why you consider these elements to be strong or well-developed.
I believe that the way I used the QRG genre conventions to present my information was A1 steak sauce.  My QRG is easy to read and follow, and the subheadings split up the paragraphs so that the reader can easily understand what I am talking about.

4. What do you think of how you practiced time management for Project 1? Did you put enough time and effort into the project? Did you procrastinate and wait till the last minute to work on things? Share any major time management triumphs or fails.... 
I would say that I DID procrastinate, but I still put a lot of work and effort into the project.  I spent a lot of time in collecting content and assembling the project.  Let's just say that my Saturdays and Sundays lately have been dedicated to blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment