Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review B

For my second peer review I decided to peer review Jack Auslen's  podcast on how professional businessmen and women create texts.

I decided to review Jack's rough edit on form.

Overall, Jack does well in his podcast in terms of genre conventions of a podcast.  He speaks clearly enough, and his added interview audio clips flow well.  There are some prevailing issues that need to be addressed however.

The first thing I noticed was the length of the podcast.  The podcast was upwards of 18 minutes which is pretty long for this assignment.  I noticed that in Sean's genre examples of podcasts they were between 6 to 15 minutes, with 15 being the maximum.  I think you could cut down the podcast through your use of your interview audio clips.  I found that a huge chunk of your podcast was just playing interview clips which can be easily addressed.  Another issue in form was the lack of music/special effects.  Jack noted that he was missing music in this version so there isn't much else to say besides make sure the music is used well in the final version.  One last suggestion that I have is to maybe bring in an additional speaker if possible.  Most podcasts have a couple people on the mic so that they can banter back and forth.  I know this may not be an option but it would be a welcome addition nevertheless.

Jack seems to understand how a podcast should function so there really isn't too much else to say about the form of his rough cut.  One of the things I will take in from his project is that he said a lot of information about why his topic is important which I didn't really target in my own podcast.

Hope my ideas prove helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment